close
close

Bronx McDonald’s shooting: Exclusive video shows suspect wanted after two boys shot

ALLERTON, The Bronx (WABC) — Video obtained exclusively by Eyewitness News shows the moment two children were shot and killed Saturday night while dining at a McDonald’s in the Bronx.

Surveillance footage shows the 12- and 13-year-olds sitting at a table eating when a masked man approaches them, pulls out a gun and opens fire before fleeing the scene.

Both boys fall to the ground, get up and limp towards safety.

According to the NYPD, a 12-year-old boy was shot four times, twice in the lower leg, once in the back and once in the buttocks, and a 13-year-old boy was shot twice in the lower leg.

First responders transported the victims to Jacobi Medical Center, and both are expected to survive.

The suspect fired six 9mm caliber shells, according to police sources.

Police say the suspect fled on foot with eight other men toward Olinville Avenue.

The suspect was last seen wearing a blue medical mask and a black hoodie with a pink logo on it.

Based on shell casings found at the scene, police said the gun was used in a previous shooting at the Gun Hill Houses in the Bronx.

Violence prevention groups gathered at McDonald’s on Tuesday, outraged by recent violent crimes in the Allerton neighborhood.

Bronx County District Attorney Darcel Clark joined the rally and asked the public to help identify and find the shooter.

“It really hurts me to have to stand here and talk about this again,” Clark said.

Police said the two middle school girls had exchanged words with older girls, who happen to be affiliated with gangs, earlier in the evening.

One of the girls reportedly called the shooter, who then showed up at McDonald’s a short time later.

“There are too many young people who think the solution to problems is to pick up a gun. It’s insane and scary and painful. I don’t sleep. I don’t sleep at night because I worry about this stuff all the time,” Clark said.

A neighbor who lives around the corner from where the shooting happened said she felt like she was gambling with her life every time she left the house.

“It’s not a safe way to live. You know, I’m scared all the time when I’m out there. You never know what can happen,” said L’tifah Colclugh.

The boys did not suffer life-threatening injuries and are expected to make a full recovery.

The suspect is still at large.

The food court area inside the McDonald’s is closed to diners while the investigation continues.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477) or, for Spanish, 1-888-57-PISTA (74782). The public can also submit their information by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at or X @NYPDTips.

———-

* More Bronx News

* Send us a news article

* Download the abc7NY app to receive breaking news alerts

* Follow us on YouTube

Submit a tip or story idea to Eyewitness News

Got a breaking news story or story idea to cover? Submit it to Eyewitness News using the form below. If you attach a video or photo, terms of use apply.

Copyright © 2024 WABC-TV. All rights reserved.